To develop and deploy seamless, appropriate, multi-domain technology solutions in the service of disadvantaged and dispersed communities, on the foundation of our Common Appropriate Technology PlatformTM
- Exclusive use of free, open source tools: The Free and Open Source community is mature and well established today, with stable tool sets and development environments, and a vast and engaged user community adopting best principles in innovation and promoting technological advances. Since 2006, eCubeH has exclusively used FOSS technologies.
- Emphasis on a distributed, collaborative effort with control residing at area of operations: We shift the center of control to smaller towns closer to the field of action, and away from metro centers housing expensive and domain-weak technology firms. We emphasize investment in human capital through in-house training programs for young professionals physically located close to operations, and we apply best practices in the distributed, collaborative product development and deployment processes.
- Emphasis on breaking the Digital Divide: Our mission includes exposing the average citizen to latest technologies – whether they are from the poor households we serve, our staff who come from similar socio-economic backgrounds, or local rural youth. Today's technologies, with their social and collaborative nature, are the key to integrating the billions still excluded from the connected global community.
- Emphasis on network building, sharing and support services: The member institutions of the Samhita Development Network serve as the design and testing ground for our applications. The larger goal remains to share these with other value-driven social institutions serving disadvantaged communities.
- Giving back to the FOSS Community: We wholeheartedly support the global FOSS movement through community services, solutions and product development.